St Peter's Church
St Peter's Church Sowerby, built 1762 to replace an older building that was becoming too small and in need of many repairs.
Parts of the old building (demolished about 1765) that still remains built into the structure at Field House. These probably date back to 1622, or before, when a tax was raised for "enlarging, re-edifying, and beautifying the chapel at Sowerby Town".
These parts were purchased by George Stansfeld after the old chapel was demolished and incorporated into the structure of Field House.
Old East Window
A full article on the Church at Sowerby is coming soon...