Sowerby Chapel - Old Belfry

The Belfry from the old Sowerby Chapel, demolished about 1765 after the new Church dedicated to St Peter was built in 1763.

Purchased by George Stansfeld after the old chapel was demolished and incorporated into the structure of Field House. Originally placed in the centre of the roof at Field House, but it was feared that it was too heavy to be in that position, so was removed to it's present place on a small building within the grounds.

Close up of the Old East Window